In the digital age, people who don’t own a smartphone are disconnected from the rest of the world. Leaving the house without one is like forgetting to get dressed, and they’re as close to essential as any device has ever been.
Indeed, 85 percent of people in the USA own a smartphone, with most of the other 15 percent already past retirement age.
Despite having the power to do so much, there’s an argument to be made for owning two devices rather than one. By doing so, you can separate work and leisure to maximize productivity.
If you choose to have a dedicated work phone that you have with you during your day job, you can leave your leisure phone at home. During the business day, you can then be more intentional about when and where you check emails and messages.
Knowing that you don’t have access to social media and entertainment on that device could mean that you are able to avoid distractions and stay focused on your tasks.
The average American checks their smartphone a whopping 344 times per day. That equates to once every four minutes, meaning that you could be missing out on a lot of productivity.
If you separate work-related notifications on one device that you have with you during the day, you’ll only check it when it’s something important that needs your attention.
Better Work-Life Balance
During the working day, it’s great to stay focused on your job to maximize your productivity. However, once you get home, it’s also important to enjoy leisure time to the fullest. By turning off your work phone when you get home, you won’t be tempted to check emails and potentially get stressed out.
It’s at this point that it’s a great idea to switch to the leisure phone. This one will be loaded up with all your social media apps, streaming services like Netflix, and mobile and casino games. This phone can also be the only one to have your payment methods saved, and this could improve your peace of mind.
For instance, when you play gambling games online, you’ll have to top up your account with funds. It’s important to use safe online casino sites that have a solid reputation and all the correct licenses in place. These will ensure that your payment details are stored safely.
It’s the same with streaming sites and gaming apps, which may bill your card every month. Knowing that all your subscriptions are easily accessible on your leisure device is useful.
Enhanced Privacy and Security
There are other ways that having two smartphones can help to enhance privacy and security. By having different devices for work and leisure, you can ensure that all your sensitive information is untouchable. For example, if you lose your personal phone, there’s no chance of confidential work-related data falling into the wrong hands.
This is particularly important for people who work in industries where there are strict regulations around data privacy and security. By knowing that all this data is safe on a separate work phone that’s locked up safely in the office, people can relax during their leisure time.
This can work the other way as well. By keeping your leisure phone at home, you don’t run the risk of people in the office seeing any of your personal things. That means you can keep your private life to yourself and not mix the two things up.
Having two phones can be a wise move for people who want to develop a strong work-life balance. It can help boost productivity when you’re doing your job and can help enhance your leisure time in the evenings and at weekends. It could also be advantageous for security purposes.