Are you looking for the best way to lose the weight you gained last winter fast? Do you need to attend your best friend’s engagement party but nothing in your closet fits anymore? Don’t worry, I’m here to help, I will walk you through a guide on how to lose weight fast in 2 weeks so you could feel healthy and confident again.
But first, you must know that starving yourself and losing a significant amount of weight in a short time can be unhealthy so what you should do instead is to consume only healthy food, stay active, and avoid fatty and sugary food.
This would help maintain your overall health and lose the weight you gained fast.
In this article, I will include some helpful steps anyone can follow to make their weight loss journey a lot easier and quicker.
So let’s jump straight into it…
Table of Contents
- Is Losing Weight In 2 Weeks Possible?
- 1. Keep A Food Diary
- 2. Check The Ingredient List First
- 3. Follow A Healthy Diet
- 4. Stay Hydrated
- 5. Consider Smoothie Diet
- 6. Cut Out Sugar
- 7. Reduce Your Salt Intake
- 8. Cook Your Meals
- 9. Don’t Drink
- 10. Stay Active
- 11. Schedule Time To Work Out
- 12. Do Some Cardio & Lift Light Weight
- 13. Sleep Well
- How Can I Lose My Stomach Fat?
- Final Thought
Is Losing Weight In 2 Weeks Possible?
Yes. Losing weight in 2 weeks is possible as the human body tends to lose fat when it consumes fewer calories than it burns.
If you can eat only healthy foods for 2 weeks and reduce your calorie intake (about 500-1000 calories per day), you will lose 1-2 pounds a week. Or maybe you could lose more weight if your body retains water.
How To Lose Weight Fast In Two Weeks? Top 13 Steps:
1. Keep A Food Diary
Before going to bed, make a meal plan for the next day and stick to what you’ve decided to eat. You should include what you’re going to eat during the day, everything from your healthy meals to snacks.
But if you have a busy schedule, it’s best to make a meal plan each week so you can shop only once for the food you need to prepare your meals.
This way you won’t find unhealthy options in your home and you will have to stick to your plan.
After preparing your meal, sit down at the table and eat more slowly, remember to chew every bite properly as this would help you consume fewer calories and feel full faster.
Also, when going out, bring with you healthy snacks like a protein bar or nuts so there would be no excuses to eat unhealthy food.
Keep in mind that staying on track always starts with a realistic plan.
2. Check The Ingredient List First
Before buying anything to eat, check the ingredient list carefully. Some protein bars contain too much sugar which will spike insulin and make you not lose weight.
Also, roasted nuts that are full of salt could cause water retention and make eating nuts an unhealthy choice.
Plus, cheese could contain too much sugar or salt which will make you gain weight or cause water retention.
Cheese that is made with vegetable oils is not healthy as it could trigger inflammation and make blood-vessel plaques unstable which will lead to heart problems.
Moreover, if you check the nutrition facts of canned foods, you’ll find high amounts of sugar or salt which make them a super unhealthy choice to make.
Of course, there is a need to mention chips, soda, milk chocolate, energy drinks, candy, or crackers as you must already know how unhealthy they are. They will definitely make you gain a lot of weight.
3. Follow A Healthy Diet
The first thing you need to do to lose weight fast is to make some lifestyle changes and follow a healthy and nutritious diet.
You should eat more vegetables and leafy greens, consume lean protein, and avoid refined carbs, fatty fast food, and trans fat.
Refined carbohydrates break down in your body easily which will make you feel hungry after a short time. Also, they spike insulin and make your body store fat and gain weight.
It is recommended to consume more lean protein if you want to lose weight fast in 2 weeks. After eating protein, your body takes more time to process and break it down and this will make you eat fewer calories and keep you full all day.
Plus, protein is essential to our bodies as it builds tissues, bones, and muscles, boosts metabolism, and helps the body function well.
Vegetables and leafy greens are super nutritious foods as they are full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Plus, they have antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging properties.
They will make you feel full and keep your body protected against infections and diseases.
Fruits also are full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, they will make you feel satiated. And they are the best and healthiest option if you need something sweet to eat.
Lastly, nuts contain healthy fats that will keep you full all day. They are one of the best healthy snack ideas that can provide your body with what it needs.
4. Stay Hydrated
Drinking enough water every day can prevent constipation and make your body flush toxins which help keep your body healthy and boost your metabolism.
Also, eating food that is high in water content can make you feel full throughout the day. So keeping your body hydrated can help you lose weight and accomplish your goal faster.
Plus, water helps keep your skin looking healthy and glowing.
5. Consider Smoothie Diet
The smoothie diet is all about drinking only smoothies every day as a meal replacement for some days without consuming solid foods.
You can try this diet for 7 days or even 30 days. However, I recommend starting with the 7-day plan if you’re a beginner.
Trying the 7-day smoothie diet plan can help you lose weight significantly while providing your body with healthy and nutritious ingredients.
Your smoothie should contain only healthy ingredients including vegetables, leafy greens, protein, and low-sugar fruits.
Avoid making smoothies full of sugar as they will spike your blood sugar and make you wanna eat faster which will eventually lead to weight gain. Not sure where to start, check out the recipes here.
6. Cut Out Sugar
Avoid consuming soda, candy, baked goods, sugary cereals, energy drinks, sauces, and packaged foods.
Also, don’t add sugar to your drinks like coffee or tea, you won’t believe the amount of sugar you consume a day if you calculated the sugar you add to your coffee or other drinks.
You can instead add a natural sweetener like stevia to your drinks. And you can consume foods that naturally contain sugar like fruits, vegetables, and grains.
They will not spike insulin as they are rich in fiber that slows digestion and makes you feel satiated longer.
I think if you only followed this step, you would lose weight as we consume too much sugar without even knowing it.
Actually, this step helped me lose a lot of pounds fast and feel healthier from the inside out as a high sugar diet can also impact your mood.
7. Reduce Your Salt Intake
Consuming meals that contain too much salt lead to water retention which will make you appear heavier.
What you need to do during those two weeks is to avoid adding too much salt to your meals so your body won’t retain water.
You can try instead adding salt-free seasonings to your meals. Also, avoid processed food or packaged food as they contain high amounts of sodium.
Plus, don’t add dressing to your salad as most sauces are full of sodium, you won’t probably notice this unless you check the nutritious facts.
8. Cook Your Meals
Eating out daily is what makes you gain weight as it causes digestive problems like constipation and makes your skin and body look unhealthy.
You should always cook your meals from scratch at home if you want your weight loss journey to be easy and efficient.
You will eat fewer calories for sure as fast food is loaded with sugar, salt, and unhealthy fats.
Fast food also causes water retention which will make you look fat.
When you cook your meals, you will use less salt, you can avoid adding sugar, and you can also boil or bake your meals instead of using vegetable oils to fry them.
Plus, you will have the option to use healthy fats like olive oil, avocado oil, or butter to avoid health problems.
9. Don’t Drink
Drinking too much alcohol will make you put on weight as alcoholic drinks contain too many calories without having any nutritional value.
Ideal consumption for women is one drink a day while for men is 2 drinks per day. However, It’s best to avoid alcohol during those 2 weeks to guarantee weight loss.
10. Stay Active
Walking daily won’t only help you lose weight but also improve your overall health.
Walking can boost cardiovascular fitness, promote energy levels, decrease body fat, reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes, and keep your muscles and bones strong.
Usually, it’s ideal to walk at least 10,000 steps each day to maintain your health and lose some weight.
To do this, you can walk while watching your favorite TV show, take the stairs instead of the elevator, take a stroll around your house or workplace, walk to the store whenever you can, or walk while you’re talking on the phone.
This way you will feel more energized and stay active all day long.
11. Schedule Time To Work Out
In order to lose weight, you will need to increase your physical activity to burn more calories than you consume.
Here’s what you should do to make sure that you won’t skip working out:
- It’s best to schedule a time to exercise and stick to it.
- Treat your exercise time as a priority, meaning, when you schedule your meetings, add your exercise time too.
- You can also set a reminder on your phone or put a post-it on the fridge so there would be no excuses to cancel.
- Plus, keep your workout clothes within reach, you can leave your workout shoes and clothes in the car so they will be with you all day.
- Lastly, keep your goal in your mind to motivate you and help you stay focused on what you wanna accomplish.
12. Do Some Cardio & Lift Light Weight
Cardio: You need to choose a cardio activity that you actually enjoy in addition to challenging you to burn more calories and improve your metabolism.
You can ride a bike, run, walk, or swim for about 40-60 minutes a day. Also, you can go with High-intensity interval training ( HIIT ) which involves repeated bouts of high-intensity effort and this leads to burning more calories.
Cardio is one of the major steps on how to lose weight fast in 2 weeks as it will help you reach your goal efficiently!
Weight Training: Strength training builds and maintains muscles and improves your look, in addition, it helps enhance energy levels and boost balance. Also, weight training can improve insulin sensitivity which will make you lose fat quickly.
Plus, lifting weights helps you build strong muscles and strengthen your joints and bones, and this leads to boosting your metabolism and burning more calories even when you’re resting.
This makes weight training a great way to lose weight, make your body look better, and boost your confidence.
It’s best to start slow and then gradually increase your exercise time and its intensity.
13. Sleep Well
Sleeping a proper amount of time daily is essential as this means you give your body time to metabolize foods, recover from exercise, renew skin cells, and improve your immune system response.
You should sleep at least 6-9 hours each day to maintain your health. Not having enough sleep can increase cravings, make you eat more, lead to stress and anxiety, and make you gain weight
Balance is the key. it’s best not to sleep too much either as it could make you feel tired when you’re awake and increase your appetite!
How Can I Lose My Stomach Fat?
Belly fat is the most annoying problem for many people around the world. But it’s not just about making your body look bad in every stylish outfit.
Belly fat is harmful as it’s linked to many health issues like type 2 diabetes, fatty liver, and heart diseases.
Even if you look thin but have excess belly fat, you’re at higher risk of developing those health problems.
So if your problem is only with your excess belly fat, here’s what you should do:
- Consider a high-protein diet or keto diet as it can suppress appetite, maintain muscle mass, and keep you full longer.
- Do cardio to decrease your waistline.
- Perform resistance training to gain muscle and reduce belly fat.
- Sleep enough every night to avoid stress, food cravings, and weight gain.
- Eat more fatty fish as they are ridiculously healthy and will keep you satiated all day.
- Add apple cider vinegar to your diet to improve insulin sensitivity and reduce abdominal fat.
- Add probiotic foods to your diet as they can help improve the digestive system and benefit gut bacteria which may promote weight loss.
- Consider intermittent fasting as it’s one of the most effective ways that can lead to significant weight loss and an increase in Autophagy.
- Combine different healthy methods like intermittent fasting and a high protein diet to maximize the benefits and help you lose belly fat fast and easily.
- Drink green tea daily as it is rich in antioxidants and caffeine that can boost metabolism and help you lose belly fat if combined with exercise.
- Eat more soluble fiber, it can make you eat less and reduce the number of calories you consume. It breaks down slowly and makes you feel full longer.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Don’t consume food that contains trans fat as it can cause insulin resistance, abdominal fat gain, and inflammation.
- Reduce stress levels as stress triggers your body to produce cortisol (the stress hormone) that increases cravings and causes abdominal fat storage.
- Cut out sugar, many studies found that a high sugar diet leads to abdominal fat gain.
- No refined carbs. They are linked to belly fat and increase the risk of type 2 diabetes and polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Avoid soda and other sugar-sweetened beverages as they are loaded with high amounts of sugar that would make losing belly fat impossible.
- Avoid drinking fruit juices as they can lead to abdominal fat gain.
- Make some lifestyle changes like: drink more water, cook your meals, replace candy with fruits, replace soda and fruit juices with sparkling water, go for a walk daily, sleep early, and don’t add sugar to your coffee, tea, and other herbal teas.
How to lose weight fast in 2 weeks? I bet many people around the world wanna know the right answer to this question! The answer is simple, all you need to do is to ditch a few unhealthy lifestyle habits and instead follow healthy ones then you’ll start to notice the difference, and you will lose weight for sure!
Check the steps I included above, those steps will help anyone lose many pounds effectively in a short time while maintaining their mental and physical health.
Let me know in the comments down below which step do you think is the most important one? And how many pounds do you wish to lose in 2 weeks?